We’re taking precautions to help minimize the spread of Coronavirus. You can find more information about what we’re doing on our website here.
There is no higher priority for Better Hearing Clinic than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the IL Department of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, please call (618) 433-9932 or contact us to reschedule your appointment:
- Are you currently ill?
- Have you been around anyone (siblings, parents, coworkers) that has been ill in last 3 weeks?
- Have you traveled outside the country in the last 3 weeks?
- Have you been on a cruise?
- Dropping in can create a crowd in our waiting rooms. If an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, we urge you to avoid dropping in and instead call to schedule a time to get your hearing aids cleaned and checked. We will do our absolute best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
- Please note, we have temporarily updated our office hours.
- Alton: Monday & Wednesday: 10AM – 2PM
- Glen Carbon: Tuesday & Thursday & Friday: 10am – 2PM
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and feel you cannot come in right away, please call, and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. Please feel free to call with any questions. We are always happy to hear from our patients.
Sincerely,Better Hearing Clinic